Advent Calendar DIY - Upcycle your tins!
This week Match Set Love Creative, Liezel Glaubitz shows us how to make an Advent Calendar out of ‘nothing new’!
TIP: A little planning goes a long way and doesn’t have to cost a thing! Look for pretty matching pieces of wrapping paper that you can ‘bind’ together with a washi tape that has matching colours. More (old) paper sources: magazines, catalogues, dictionaries, maps, Chinese newspaper …
Photographer – Lauren Kim Photography
You will need:
- 24 empty, washed & dried metal tins
- Wrapping paper, recycled paper (see tip!)
- Washi Tape
- Pair of Scissors
- Glue Gun
- Download the pdf for the paper lids here, print 4 sheets
- Pen or Brush to draw on the numbers or vinyl numbers are available here.
- 24 Gifts / Fillers & extra tissue paper if you like to wrap the gifts with before you put them in the tins.
How to make your calendar:
- Cut 24 pieces of paper to ‘wrap’ your tins with.
- Wrap the tins with the paper strips and make sure it is glued tightly and set.
- Decorate the tins with washi tape if you like.
- Apply the numbers to the tins, or write or paint it on.
- Wrap the gifts and fill the tins.
- Cut out the paper lids and close the tins with the lids.
- Create a nice space in your home, to pack the tins. Keep in mind the order in which the tins will be opened.