Firstly, let’s do a happy dance. Because you got featured, and that is super-awesome-sauce!
We are super stoked for you. Your hard work is paying off, now let’s amplify your feature and make the most of it.
Below you can find a step-by-step guideline on how to make the most of your feature and how to make it part of your brand’s story. Remember that this is a guideline, there are no ‘wrongs’ or ‘rights’ on how to do this. We just want you to enjoy your feature for a long time to come.
How to add social proof (or as we like to call it ‘press feature bling’) to your website and social media:
It’s easiest to tout your feature when you already have all the details of your feature in one place. Think of:
• The url/the website link.
• A screenshot of your feature.
• If your feature is in print, take a beautiful photograph of the magazine. Or see if they have a digital version for you.
• Social media @tags (For example: @magazinename, @press_cookie (Twitter), @bloggername etc).
• Download the logo of the publishing outlet (some blogs have specific – featured badges that you can use). If it was a press release you might have various logos, gather them all.
Ps. Don’t forget to say thank you to the press member who has been so awesome to feature you. You never know, maybe they’ll want to feature you in the future!
• Create one or more beautiful images from your photograph or screenshot. You can use Photoshop, Canva or another editing program.
• Pro Tip: Don’t forget to use the logos, they make your brand look all the more pro
• Pro Tip: Active on several social media platforms? Make/adjust your images to the correct format so that your image will look beautiful and professional wherever you post.
• Create a captivating collage with all the logos from your press release(s) for your website.
3. Spread the News
You’re ready to let everyone know you’ve been featured! Don’t forget to link back to your feature. Here are some ideas where you can announce the awesome news:
• Your PressCookie Press Kit. Add the link under Features. You might arouse interest from other press members. (everyone wants a bite of that interesting cookie!)
• Inform PressCookie. Send an email to ‘email@example.com’. You might get featured in our weekly newsletter, or get interviewed for our blog.
• Your own newsletter. If you have your own newsletter, your readers would love to see that you have been featured!
• Your Social Media. Pro Tip #1: Don’t forget to tag all the parties involved, they might reshare/retweet your post! Pro Tip #2: Get your friends & family and followers to share and comment and like, to give your posts some extra traction/interaction.
• Your Website. You might want to create a special Press Page where you can show off all your features!
Real-life examples to get you inspired:
Your product featured in an online outlet or printed magazine:
Insert the image or the collage that you created of the feature into your Press Page and link the image to the online feature.
A press release featured in a media outlet or newspaper
Insert the logo image or badge into your Press Page on your website and link the image to the online story. Make sure to take and a screenshot of your feature for incase the story disappears in a year or two… yes, it happens and we have learned the hard way!
Now that you’ve got a taste of being featured, you’ll probably want more features, yes? You’ve rightfully earned your media spotlight and this is when you want to keep the momentum going!
Here’s are some tips and ideas for your next steps:
See if and how you can collaborate with another featured Presscookie member. Now that you are both on the rise, you can create a stellar giveaway, or talk about each other in your newsletter (cross-promotion) so that you both reach a new audience.
Don’t rely solely on press requests or collaboration requests. A new product line launching soon? Or something else buzzworthy like the launch of your website? This is a great opportunity to write your story. You can take charge and write an Interview or Press Release yourself!
The more often you get featured, the more ‘press feature bling’ you can collect, and the bigger your brand will grow! Show off all your features by creating a gorgeous collage on your homepage, so that everyone can see where you’ve been featured! Or even create a press page on your website. (don’t forget to check the links every so often, to see if they are still active. Sometimes online magazines will delete the link. Link deleted? No worries, you’ve got your gorgeous image/screen shot in your archives, so you can link to that!)
Keep checking back at PressCookie.com often to see what press members are asking for and reply when you think you (or your products) are a match – remember that the Press Members are mostly under time stress, so the sooner they hear from you the better.
Keep your PressCookie Press Kit fresh and updated with your newest and most trendy creations to entice our Press Members.
You might have been featured and don’t even know about it – yes it happens! Google your brand every few months. If you have a website, check your stats to see from which other sites you are receiving hits.
If you have an Etsy Shop – Go to Dashboard >> Stats>> How visitors found you>> Direct and other Trafic>> Traffic Details>> Trafic Source Breakdown
Here you can see that this Etsy shop was featured on the Swiss online magazine Femelle.ch as well as The Knot etc. Now, go to these websites and search them until you find your feature.
Have you been featured?
We would love to celebrate with you and share your success via our channels. Remember to send us a link to the press feature at firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or tag us on twitter @press_cookie | facebook @presscookie | Instagram @presscookie